Avoiding Hair Loss: Is It Possible?
A seemingly inevitable part of aging, you may feel that avoiding hair loss is a lost cause.The reality is that although halting or reversing hair loss seems impossible, there are many preventative methods men can implement to minimize and slow down balding.
Prescription medications like Finasteride and Propecia have proven most effective. Though these drugs slow down hair loss, they can’t stop or reverse it completely – The focus is to strengthen the hair that is left. So what other options are there? Easy lifestyle style changes like these can help prevent the balding you’re fearing become a reality:
- Stress can play a major role in male hair loss . Controlling that stress and exercising regularly can help subside rapid balding.
- According to Men’s Health, a deficiency in Vitamin D could also play a part in hair loss. In turn, it’s more common to shed more hair in the winter months. Make sure you’re getting enough Vitamin D through supplements or direct sunlight.
- If possible, avoid brushing or combing your hair when wet, as you’ll increase the chances of premature hair loss by excess tugging and pulling.
- Smoking cigarettes can slow hair growth and weaken follicles as it reduces blood flow to your scalp! Consider quitting or try reducing how much you smoke and you may see a difference in hair loss. Chantix can help you kickstart your journey to quitting.
- If you have longer hair, avoid pulling it back into buns or ponytails, as the constant wear will eventually lead to overall hair loss.
- Side effects of other medication you are taking may include hair loss, which could be the underlying cause of dramatic or premature balding.
If nothing seems to work, medication may be your next step. Speak to a physician at KwikMed to see if prescription medications are right for you and your hair loss. Learn more here: https://www.kwikmed.com/